Workplace wellness is any workplace health promotion activity or organizational policy designed to support healthy behaviour in the workplace and to improve health outcomes. Due to the increasing stress, time constrain, changing lifestyle and eating patterns there are number of diseases that are on the increase.
Our Current Offerings:
Workplace Weight Management Program
We at Happy Livin Workplace wellness are focussing on the Obesity which is increasing at an epidemic level. Obesity and related diseases are growing at an alarming rate due to the automation which has led to people mostly working from the desk, easy availability of ready to eat food, sedentary lifestyle all these factors are contributing to Obesity. Obesity has been linked to numerous chronic diseases including cardiovascular disease, dyslipidaemia, osteoarthritis and some cancers.
How to Attain the Goals?
- Goal setting.
- Self-monitoring-the individual increases their self-awareness by monitoring and recording relevant information such as food intake, physical activity and associated places, times and feelings
- Stimulus control-examples include avoiding contact with problem foods and learning alternative responses to conditioned stimuli for eating, such as watching television
- Lifestyle management - individuals self-correct weight-related problems through trialling possible solutions - important in maintaining weight loss
- Social support - strong encouragement and guidance from support groups or individuals, including friends, family, clinicians and work-mates is helpful
Some recent WHO global estimates follow:
- In 2014, more than 1.9 billion adults aged 18 years and older were overweight. Of these over 600 million adults were obese.
- Overall, about 13% of the world’s adult population (11% of men and 15% of women) were obese in 2014.
- In 2014, 39% of adults aged 18 years and over (38% of men and 40% of women) were overweight.
- The worldwide prevalence of obesity more than doubled between 1980 and 2014.
We have Provided our Services to: